Friday, March 29, 2019

Creative Critical Reflection Draft 2

2. How does your product engage with audiences and how would it be distributed as a real media text?

My product engages with its audience in many ways. One way my magazine engages with its audience is by using social media. For example, the Instagram page I created can be used to connect with the younger audience. I can also use social media to spread behind-the-scenes information, Instagram also allows for the readers to like posts and make comments, which might help to bring in feedback to improve the magazine as a whole. Another way my magazine engages with its audience is by sponsoring events. These events could be masters swim meets, age group swim meets, parties, banquets, etc. By sponsoring events, my magazine can support swimmers and advertise at the same time. Hopefully, the events will allow for more readers to want to support my magazine.
My product would also be distributed as a real media text in many ways. One way I can distribute my magazine is digitally, through a number of different platforms. Using different platforms allows for more people to access the magazine. I plan on making my magazine available on Apple iBooks, Google Play, Amazon Kindle, Nook, and other popular online bookstores in America. I also plan on publishing some articles to my website, which will help to distribute my product to those who cannot afford a full subscription. I can also distribute my magazine by using print distribution. One way I can do this is having everyone with a subscription receive each issue by mail. I also would like to partner with a publishing/distributing company that will help to get my magazine stocked on shelves at grocery stores and convenience stores, such as Publix and CVS.

No comments:

Post a Comment