Thursday, November 1, 2018

Project Selection - Magazine

There are many aspects of print journalism that I find interesting. Based on what we have learned in class from All the President's Men and The Newsroom, planning and searching for information are crucial parts of reporting or writing news stories. This would be a good project choice for me because I enjoy being able to plan out everything in efficient and systematic ways. As we saw in The Newsroom, MacKenzie McHale would have meetings with the reporters and news anchors so she could make the schedule of the show for that night. I have always been obsessive about organization and scheduling, so I think print journalism would be a good fit for me. Another reason the magazine project is a good selection for me is that I have been told that I am a really good informative writer. I also prefer writing informative pieces over writing fictional stories. On the other hand, there are a few aspects of this project that might be a challenge for me. For example, I can sometimes get stressed and stumble over my words when I talk to people who have a higher authority than me. This might cause issues when I am having an interview. Overall, I think the magazine project has both pros and cons that I still need to weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment